Saturday, May 1, 2010

Will Day

Happy Will Day!

I realize that it's technically May Day today, but you know me.  I have a habit of going against life's grain to make things interesting.

For example...

I considered writing about things that I "may" do today, this week, this month, this year.  It would have looked something like this:

1. I may dye my hair today.
2. I may exercise more often.
3. I may become a teacher soon.
4. I may become a published author.
5. I may have children and raise a family.

Sure, it fits in with the "May Day" theme.  Setting positive goals in a cheeky way.  Cute, right?



Wrong.

To me, the word "may" is right up there with "might," which is detrimental to a list of goals, cheeky or not.  "May" is sneaky, because it is safe.  May offers the option of completion, which has plagued me for much too long.

So I declare today...Will Day!  It doesn't have the same "zing" as May Day, but it has something better. A concrete deciding factor.  Like these:


1. I will dye my hair today.
2. I will exercise more often.
3. I will become a teacher soon.
4. I will become a published author.
5. I will have children and raise a family.

I like the sound of "definite."  Most definitely!

So...

In my experience, where there's a may, there's a way.  But there's no guarantees.
Where there's a WILL, there's completion, and guaranteed success.

Now THAT'S cute, right?

Happy Will Day, all!
What WILL you do today?
-DTL

1 comment:

mom said...

Let me know if it works. I might correct papers which is certainly not definite.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Denvers Tumbling Leaf