Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Fumblings, Vol. 6 - Tardy Birthday Tumblings, The Sarah Sturm Edition

Well, I took the week off from blogging.  I was feeling under the weather, dealing with a destructive dog, and working on some school work.  And honestly -- sometimes I just need a break.

Back to business:

It was someone's birthday yesterday, and I thought about her all day.  I didn't call her, however, because I never really have been good at timely communication.  I'm working on it...  (always...)  Well, she's my best friend from college, and I've known her officially now for about 15 years.  And yes, that makes me old, but it makes HER even older, since she's older than me  ;-)

















Here she is with cute-as-a-button son, Cameron

She's my best friend Sarah.  She's sarcastic, brilliant, loving, strikingly gorgeous, and believe it or not, a little shy at times.  She was president of our class at St. Joe.  A born leader.  Star track and cross coutry runner.  Responsible, thrifty, savvy and most certainly, sweet.

And because she has such a wonderful sense of humor (hint, hint!), I'm sure she's not going to mind these college pics of us  (they are some of my most favorite memories, and I look like a shmuck in them too, so I'm calling it even):

 Christmas dance, freshman year at Saint Joe.  That's Sarah in the pretty blue dress.  Man, we were young!
















In my dorm room in Halas Hall.  Yes, we were stuffing our bras.  She always loved when I embarrassed her...  Right Sar?


Oh, and here's me with her oldest, Spencer.  Such a sneaky little thing!  




















I'm guessing we were rocking out to Shania Twain here.  Because we were 
THAT cool.

Well, I could go on, but I think I made my point.  She's my friend.  And she rocks.

MISS YOU, SARAH!

HAPPY
(belated)

BIRTHDAY!
Much love,
Chrissy

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Denvers Tumbling Leaf