Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Most Beautiful Disaster

Well,  Since I've been tirelessly working away on school work so I can finally be finished and apply for my teaching license, my blog has taken somewhat of a back seat for now. 

In the meantime, I thought I'd share this fabulous blog with you.  Disaster on Heels keeps me smiling daily with her fabulous wit! Give her a try. Guaranteed, you'll ROTFL. Or, whatever the heck that means...

Enjoy!

Here's how she describes herself...

About this Disaster

My move to Chicago was a gamble. Turns out, I bet on the wrong horse.  I moved in with my boyfriend and exactly 5 months later, on July 15 2009,  I moved out.

I packed an overstuffed yellow suitcase in a fit of projectile tears.  I made sure to get all the essentials.  I wheeled them down the street to my friend’s refuge, teetering in 5” red heels.

I opened the bag to see what I had to wear to work the following day.  Inside I found:
  • 4 pairs of high heels
  • 3 bangle bracelets
  • 12 pairs of earrings
  • 5 drawer liners
  • 2 cosmetic bags
  • 7 t-shirts
  • 1 bra
  • 15 pairs of underwear
  • 2 packs of frozen spinach
  • 1 bag of frozen shrimp
  • 1 chilled bottle of Grey Goose Vodka
  • A striking absence of pants
For the next week at work I told people I was exploring my artistic side, all whilst hyperventilating in a cubicle.

This is my story.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

first of all sorry to hear about the break up however, I can relate to the packing thing. I've always been a terrible packer and I too have experienced an absence of pants. I feel ya

http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Denvers Tumbling Leaf