Wednesday, August 15, 2007

This Nanny's Diary

As if two weren’t enough…

I’ve signed on for yet another job. Number three. Seriously. Although my experience as a nanny for 4-year-old twins this past winter was a complete and utter disaster, I decided to give it another try. You know, I’ll watch these kids during my spare time. All of that fabulous free time that I have when I take naps, read books, exercise and spend time with my fiancé and dog. You know, that imaginary peaceful and relaxing time that I’m willing to sacrifice for the sake of a few more bucks per week.

Today I was approached with the opportunity to be a once-a-week nanny for two sisters (three and five years old) who attend the preschool where I work. Just one day, most probably Monday, every week. It’ll be after school, in the evening, and hopefully not past 8:00 p.m.

Hopefully I’ll have nothing but positive experiences to write about in regard to my second go-ahead as a nanny. Stay tuned, and wish me luck!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

At least you'll have lots of fodder for your own personal "nanny diaries."

I finally updated my links and added you to my blog roll! Yey! Now you're just a button away (whereas before I used to have to search through old comments to find you!)

Oh yes, I too have always adored Matt Damon since Good Will Hunting. That movie holds a special spot in my heart b/c it came out the December of my 1st year of college - when I was a lonely, nervous freshman at Boston University. I remember watching it in a Boston theater and feeling for the first time that "hmm. Maybe Boston is home now."

Lisa said...

Oi, vay. Good luck! I've been there and done that and I was happy to leave it behind!

Jill said...

Well, we gotta do what we gotta do, right? I always think "it's just one night. It's just 5 hours of your life. 5 hours out of the whole week. You can do it!"

Seems like we're all working second shifts these days, huh?

Lil' 'ol Me said...

Like Jill says we do what we gotta do. I admire your drive.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Denvers Tumbling Leaf